Prior to joining Ankura, Yoon was a director at Miller Buckfire & Co, a boutique investment bank. He previously served as a managing director at FTI Consulting and an executive vice president at Align Capital LLC, a boutique investment management firm. Yoon began his career as a financial analyst at Houlihan Lokey, where he eventually rose to the position of senior vice president of the firm’s financial restructuring group.
Yoon’s experience is in five key areas: assessing corporate strategic alternatives; structuring and negotiating transactions, including debt, equity, and rights offerings, mergers, acquisitions, and plans of reorganizations; managing those transaction processes, including distressed/special situation and 363 bankruptcy sales; preparing and analyzing business plans, financial projections, and valuation analyses; and providing fairness and solvency opinions in mergers, acquisitions, and financing transactions.
Yoon’s professional experience includes:
- Financial Advisor Publicly-Traded, Tier 1, Global Automotive Supplier Based in Korea: Built a bottoms-up, long-term, consolidating financial projection model; performed valuation analyses of key business units and the consolidated entity; and provided an assessment of the company’s strategic alternatives and recommendations.
- Financial Advisor, Samsung Heavy Industries: Advised on maximizing recovery in the company’s $813 million pre-petition contract rejection claim during the structuring and negotiation of Seadrill Ltd.’s bankruptcy plan of reorganization.
- Investment Banker, Rand Logistics Corporation: Restructured $244 million of aggregate indebtedness in the fastest prepackaged plan of reorganization in 2018.
- Investment Banker, Aeropostale, Inc.: Advised the company in its Chapter 11 proceedings and the resulting sale of its retail and IP businesses.
- Financial Advisor, Energy Industry Reorganization: Advised a group of LC lenders to Patriot Coal during its Chapter 11 reorganization proceedings in 2015.
- Investment Banker, Intrawest Corporation: Worked on the successful out-of-court restructuring of $1.9 billion in debt.
- Financial Advisor, Automotive Parts Industry: Advised the Term Loan A lenders in TI Automotive’s restructuring of approximately £849 million in debt.
- Investment Banker, Buffets Holdings: Advised on and implemented the in-court restructuring of more than $930 million in debt.
- Investment Banker, Dunavant Enterprises, Inc.: Guided the recapitalization of approximately $230 million in 15 secured and 12 unsecured, bilateral-demand credit lines from 15 different banks.
- Financial Advisor and Investment Banker, Engineering Services Reorganization: Worked for the official committee of equity holders in the Chapter 11 reorganization of Global Power Equipment Group, Inc., now known as Williams Industrial Services Group. Yoon successfully organized a group of equity holders and petitioned the court for standing, then structured and negotiated a fully backstopped equity-rights offering that sponsored the company’s emergence from bankruptcy.
- Investment Banker, OSG Pharmaceutical: Represented the drug manufacturer and packaging provider in its sale to AFI Partners, a private equity group.
- Financial Advisor, Winn Dixie Reorganization: Worked with the official committee of unsecured creditors in the grocery chain’s Chapter 11 reorganization, successfully reorganizing approximately $986 million in secured and unsecured debt.
- Investment Banker, Albertson’s Inc.: Provided a fairness opinion to the board of directors in connection with the sale/merger of the grocery store chain to a group led by Cerberus and Supervalu.
- Investment Banker, Ion Media (formerly known as Paxson Communications Corp.): Provided a solvency opinion to the board of directors in connection with the restructuring of the company’s series B preferred stock held by NBC Universal.
- Investment Banker, AFC Enterprises, Inc.: Provided a solvency opinion to the board of directors in connection with a special one-time common-stock dividend and concurrent leverage recapitalization.
- Investment Banker, NII Holdings (formerly Nextel International): Advised the company on its pre-arranged chapter 11 plan of reorganization, restructuring approximately $2.8 billion in debt.